Applicants for the Mennen Research/Project Grant should submit the following:
- A two-page condensed C.V.
- A two-page project description, which must include the following:
- project overview and rationale
- scope and objectives of the project
- the significance of the project to your career
- A detailed budget explaining how the money will be spent, based on actual quotes (do not use rough estimates). Also include the answers to the following questions:
- Do you intend to seek additional support or matching funds for this project? If so, please name other source(s) of funding.
- If we are unable to fully fund this request, would partial funding encourage institutional support for your project? If we are unable to fund fully, would you prefer not to be funded at all?
- If this is a research project, please include a brief statement of its relationship to existing research and literature, an outline of plans and methods, and the anticipated dates of the project.
- Your Postal Service permanent mailing address.
Please Note: Applicants must be VASTA members in good standing for a minimum of four years prior to application.
Please submit your materials in .doc or .pdf format via e-mail to the Awards & Grants Committee by the November 1 deadline.
Indirect cost payments are prohibited on all grants and financial awards funded by the Voice and Speech Trainers Association.
Indirect costs (also known as Facilities and Administration or Overhead costs) are expenses not directly attributable to any one project and incurred by an institution for its facilities and services. In certain cases, it is acceptable for the recipient of the grant to fund as many administrative costs as possible through direct costing of items. This direct costing is acceptable if it is included in the original grant proposal.