To modify this page, paste in the URL of the banner image. Get the banner image URL from clicking the clipboard icon in web graphics manager. Search for images in the "banner" category.
To modify the links on the right hand side, right click on the link and select "change link" from the popup context menu. The link will automatically format to have the arrow.
You may also use a submenu widget here instead of manual links.
To change the image in the gray row (beneath the text) right click on the image, and choose "change image" from the context menu.
All other text should be selected and retyped.
|Background Image URL
One award distributed annually to cover the registration fee for that year’s VASTA Conference.
- Must be nominated by a member - who is not currently serving on the Board or as a member of the Awards & Grants Committee
- Must be an active VASTA member for 3 + years by the time of the conference they wish to attend (the years do not need to be consecutive).
- Active Member is defined as someone who has contributed on an annual basis to VASTA in some way. (i.e. committees, service, past conference workshop/panel presentations)
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously received this award and/or to those applications that further VASTA’s vision.
- The nominating member will submit a brief essay (no more than two pages) outlining the nominee’s contributions to VASTA thus far including:
- How has nominee been actively involved in VASTA?
- How do you envision this nominee’s future with VASTA to be?
- How would this benefit the nominee?
- Deadline for Application is March 1st.
How Award is Announced/Distributed:
- At some point during each year’s conference, members will be reminded to nominate a VASTA member for the Member-Sponsored Appreciation Award. The award will also be publicized on the website, through e-blast (similar to Clyde Vinson Mem. Scholarship), and advertised on social media.
- Nominations for the scholarship must be made in writing by a VASTA member; letter of nomination is a vital part of the decision making process.
- Nomination letters, no more than two pages in length, should be an in-depth account of how you know the nominee and why you believe he/she is deserving of the Member-Appreciation award.
- Members who are interested in nominating someone for the award will submit a short essay (1-2 pages), as outlined above.
- Nomination letters AND completed applications must be submitted via the form below or by e-mail either in the body of the e-mail message or as an MS Word (.doc, .docx, .pdf) file attached to the email no later than March 1 of each year to the Awards & Grants Committee
- The member who receives the award will then be notified in time to attend/ present without paying the conference fee.
How Award Funds are Gathered
The money will be gathered by various tax-deductible member options.
Donations can be gathered:
- During the conference registration sign-up.
- On the membership renewal or sign-up page
- #GivingTuesday campaign but run on our own instead of via Facebook
- A request for member donations yearly at the conference (pass the hat after Cabaret, gather extra “currency” during annual conferences).